|MTD||Petrol – Self Propelled – Electric Key Start – Adjustable Front & Rear Wheels – Steel Lined OHV Engine – Steel Deck.||Mid-Range/High End||Learn More|
|Mountfield||80V Lithium Ion Battery – Self Propelled - Cordless – DigiTorq – Rear Wheel Power Drive – Adjustable Cutting Heights – 60 Litre Grass Bag – Mulching Option.||High-End||Learn More|
|McCulloch||Self-Propelled – Petrol – Steel Deep Dome Deck - 50 L Grass Box – Adjustable Cutting Heights – Adjustable & Fold-Able Handle.||Mid-Range/High End||Learn More|
Top 3 Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
Self propelled lawn mowers are a great choice for people who either have larger gardens or do not feel they have the physical strength to manually push a lawn mower for an extended period of time. Self propelled lawn mowers take the hard work out of mowing because they push themselves along whilst you simply walk behind. If you would like to learn more about self propelled lawn moweres then read on for our buyers guide!
MTD 46SPOE 46cm/18″ Review – Our Number 1
- The MTD 46SPOE (lowest price here!) is a petrol lawn mower which means that it is not constrained by cables and there is no need to worry about recharging batteries.
- This lawn mower is self propelled which means that it requires far less effort to push and it is therefore a good choice for those who find regular mowers tiring.
- The MTD 46SPOE features an electric key start. This means that, rather than having to manually start the engine via recoil, you can turn your lawn mower on by using an electric key start in much the same way as you would start your car.
- This mower comes with adjustable front and rear wheels so you have more control over the movements of your mower.
- This lawn mower features a steel lined OHV engine which has been designed for its longevity. There is also a cloth bag which promotes better airflow for excellent results.
- The MTD 46SP0Eis a rotary mower with a 46cm cutting width and a durable steel deck. You are required to assemble the lawn mower yourself.
Features: Petrol – Self Propelled – Electric Key Start – Adjustable Front & Rear Wheels – Steel Lined OHV Engine – Steel Deck.
Pricing: Mid-Range/High End.
Mountfield S42 PD Li 41cm Review – Number 2
- The Mountfield S42 includes a powerful 80V lithium ion battery which is ideal for small to medium size gardens.
- This lawn mower is cordless which means you won’t need to worry about trailing cables or smelly petrol. This mower can last for up to one hour after charge thanks to its high quality power pack.
- The Mountfield S42 also features a DigiTorq brush-less motor which will help you save energy for longer lasting performance.
- This Mountfield lawn mower includes a rear wheel power drive function which will make it easier for the mower to navigate rough and bumpy terrains. This mower is self-propelled so you won’t have to put in extra effort in order to mow your lawn.
- This mower features a range of cutting heights which can be easily adjusted by a central control point. These cutting heights range from 27-80mm so you can tailor your lawn as desired. This lawn mower also features an anti-scalp comb which helps you create a more polished finish.
- The Mountfield S42 includes a huge 60 litre grass bag. This is a 2-in-1 mower which also allows you to mulch your grass clippings and return them to the soil so they can nourish your garden.
Features: 80V Lithium Ion Battery – Self Propelled – Cordless – DigiTorq – Rear Wheel Power Drive – Adjustable Cutting Heights – 60 Litre Grass Bag – Mulching Option.
McCulloch M46-125WR Review – Number 3
- The McCulloch M46 is a self-propelled petrol lawn mower complete with a good quality Briggs & Stratton engine. Petrol lawn mowers are often heavier than their electric and cordless counterparts and so the self-propel function is a great way to protect yourself from strain and easily mow across difficult terrain.
- This is a petrol lawn mower which means you won’t need to worry about limited cord lengths and dying batteries.
- The McCulloch M46 features a steel deep dome deck which is durable and easy to wash.
- This lawn mower comes with a 50 litre grass box and a 46cm wide blade.
- The McCulloch M46 offers 6 different cutting heights which range from 3cm-8cm. These heights can be controlled via a central height adjuster so you can select your chosen height in seconds.
- This lawn mower has a fold-able handle which will make it easier to fit into smaller storage areas. This handle is also adjustable which will ensure your mowing experience is as comfortable as possible.
Features: Self-Propelled – Petrol – Steel Deep Dome Deck – 50 L Grass Box – Adjustable Cutting Heights – Adjustable & Fold-Able Handle.
Pricing: Mid-Range/High End.
These are all excellent self-propelled lawn mowers which will take all the hard work out of mowing the lawn. However, we would like to especially recommend the MTD 46SPOE 46cm/18″ Self Propelled Electric Start Rotary Lawnmower because it is powered by petrol and therefore has advantages over both electric and cordless mowers, it comes with an electric key start which is far easier to use in comparison to a recoil start, and it is also more secure as someone would need the key in order to start the machine. This mower also features adjustable wheels and a steel lined engine.